Thursday, November 18, 2004

Good Luck, Bad Luck

Good Luck

Had any luck lately? Been feeling lucky? Think you're going to strike it big in the next 4D, Toto, or God forbid... Singapore Sweep?!?! Well i did have my fair share of luck last week... kind of. Below is the amazing lottery ticket that i bought.


Lucky Numbers.

Now. Before you go around saying "Tim got lucky again!!" and all that, you must know this. First of all, it came out as a Starter Prize.. which means i win the grand total of............. $180. Secondly, the reason i bought these 4 numbers, was because a certain Diving Cow asked me to buy for him just before he left for a diving trip.

If you were in my shoes now, what would you do, when you logged on to www.singaporepools.com and realised that hey! You have a winning ticket in your hands!!! What would YOU do???

A) Collect the winnings, pocket them all for yourself, and tell your friend that you forgot or didn't have time to buy the ticket. After all, you paid for it yourself, and it's YOUR money on the line.

or;

B) Keep the ticket. Resist all temptations to collect a free, i stress, FREE 180 bugs, let your nice little friend know that his numbers came out, and wait for him to come back before passing the lucky ticket to him.


Being the dumbass that i am, i chose.............*drumroll*............ B). Since Diving Cow is my good buddy (especially now of course), i just wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that i cheated him of.... $180. Anyways as of now, the ticket's still with me, and i'll be passing it to him soon. I never expect a reward in return but then again, i dinner treat which he promised me DOES sound nice. Coca leh......

******************************************************

Bad Luck

Of course, with every little bit of good luck, you're also bound to come up with a bit of the bad every now and then. This past week has seen more of the bad for me and i really wonder why.

It all started on Tuesday, when i took a cab with my team to the Client's place all the way in Tuas. Coming out of the cab, the first step i took was on a big... piece of............ SHIT. Totally fresh and complete with flies and stuff... argh..... To top it all off, was the irony that this client deals with.... WASTE MANAGEMENT. Anyway i seriously thought my favorite Scholl shoes were dead from that moment on. Luckily enough i plucked up enough courage to go to the nearest toilet and spent 15 mins just cleaning my shoe. Oh yea i even managed to meet the client for intro before doing that. Talk about amazing.

It didn't end there of course.... yesterday was my Golden Village free movie day and i remembered to bring my membership card (unlike 2 weeks ago). However, when Sharon and i were about to go home, i realised i couldn't find my parking ticket!! We searched high and low and realised there was no way out except to report my lost ticket. Worse was to come however, coz when i intercommed the friendly parking lady, she said i had to pay 20 bugs thru the auto pay machine, and i had only 5 with me!!! Sharon had nothing in her wallet too... and my coins in the car only amounted to a plate of chicken rice.

In the end, i had to take the looooong walk to Esplanade to draw money, then take another loooooong walk back... to pay the daaaaaaaaamn 20 bug ticket. Haiz.


Life CAN kick you in the teeth every now and then to remind you not to take things for granted... even for me. So always be prepared.... especially if you help a friend win 4D. Grrr.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Dun ever come near me with ur Scholl shoes ever again!

21/11/04 12:33 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hey! I wash liao hor!! But then again i wanna buy new shoe liao la... :(

21/11/04 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home