Thursday, July 03, 2008

Well-travelled manager

One of my managers just came back from a world tour. He took a 6-month sabbatical leave to travel in numerous countries in South America, Europe and Asia. Singapore is, of course, one of the countries.

Having visited Singapore several times, I wouldn't have thought he wil go there again at his own expense. Not only did he prove me wrong, I think he is becoming more like a Singaporean than me. He bought an Apple iBook from Sim Lim! How many tourists go to Sim Lim? Or am I wrong again? He told me he was the only ang mo eating in the food court though.

While in Singapore, he found his all-time favorite restaurant - Crystal Jade Kitchen in Holland V. Mind you, he went to several Crystal Jade restaurants including the high-end ones and those in Hong Kong and Bangkok but found the one in Holland V. serves the best dumplings. Not only were they delicious, they were cheap too. Hmm...I'm missing the xiao long baos!

This manager will be off to London for a one- or is it two-year stint in London this coming week.

On a side note, Tim and I will be off to Belize for the Independence Day weekend. This is the last holiday we've planned for this year thus far. Why do I say thus far? Coz Tim is already planning for the next trip - Eastern Canada in Sept- but it may or may not materialize depending on a BIG decision we have to make together.

More on that when we come back from the trip. Until then, keep guessing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

heh ... you guys moving back home?

3/7/08 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more probable is....congratz. you guys should call him Timson. told tim to stop playing with guns. now kanna shot liao.

4/7/08 6:38 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Adrenaline: On the contrary, we might not be going back so soon. :P

Anonymous: I dun think Tim was ever awarded marksman in army. heh

9/7/08 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home