Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Love Is All Around....

Ahhh, the Valentine weekend has come and passed by in a flash, just as Chinese New Year did…. So how did your romantic evening with your special somebody go?

It’s really amazing how fast time flies, and I was just wondering to myself just the other day, this is my 9th Valentine’s Day with Sharon!! 9 years of thinking of what presents to get and how to celebrate!!! Well anyway, we spent it in the most comfortable way….. a weekend together (well MOST of it until the Manchester Derby) and a nice meal at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao on V-Day itself to top it all off. (BTW the meal almost killed me… dun order Xiao Long Bao + Pan-Fried Xiao Long Bao + Guo Tie in one sitting. It’s like eating the same thing 3 times… argh….)

People have always asked me, after so many years don’t you run out of ideas of what to get, where to go, etc?? Well I always answer truthfully…. I never DID have any ideas to start with!!! Hahah… no no… seriously I try my best to think of what Sharon would appreciate the most. It doesn’t have to be expensive (although she may beg to differ) but more importantly, it should be something that would have a lasting effect on her such that she will never forget this present. I know I have made quite a few mistakes over the years and she can vouch for it but as time goes by, I guess I’ve learnt not to make too many rash decisions…. I think… You guys must be wondering though… what exactly DID I get for Sharon?? Hahah this you can ask her yourself…. As of this moment she still hasn’t exactly got it due to...well… a series of unfortunate events.


On another note though, it was great talking to Rey and Wen yesterday about our relationships and how they are progressing. You can really see the difference in the status according to the years we’ve been together…

- Of course, Sharon and I are the laidback seniors who look and see over everyone else, keeping it simple yet romantic with the little things that we do;

"The Wisest Couple around...."

- Wen and Celia who have been together for quite a few years now are starting to move up another level, by having V-Day dinner at his house with his beloved mum doing the cooking (!!?!)

"The healthiest couple i know of. Fruits and veges all the time...."

- Rey and Didi are not far behind Wen and Celia although they are STILL in their honeymoon period…. Don’t ask me how but Rey seems to be channeling as much energy into his relationship as he does with his work and football…

"Didi and Rey. It all started with 'Daidi'...."

- Jo and Huili are the latest to join our couple club. Seeing them together brings back a lot of memories for the rest of us, reminding us of the good old days when the relationship was just beginning! Plus point is of course, seeing 2 good friends together although I think Huili is STILL gonna kill me someday for erm… not getting permission from her? Hahaha

"Jo and err... Huili? Well close enuff la.... Dun have a pic of em together yet so this'll do."



Inevitably though, how a relationship turns out depends on how both parties approach it. It is NEVER dependant only on one party no matter how hard he/she tries (even if you are Rey) so always remember these 3 pointers:

1) R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - ALWAYS give your partner the respect that he/she deserves.

2) COMMUNICATE – Always talk to each other coz that’s the only way you’re gonna learn more and more about each other.

3) BREATHE – Yes, breathing space for each other. Everyone’s entitled to his/her own time so don’t suffocate your partner by squeezing the life out of them.


That’s my ramblings about love and relationships man… I hope you’ve learnt something from this post of mine ah… In the meantime, Love Is All Around us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home