Friday, March 16, 2007

Finally...

It’s been a long while since I last blogged. Been busy studying for my third paper which I took last weekend at LA. I’m keeping my fingers crossed…this is the toughest of the three papers I took so far…Well, I will know the results in a few weeks’ time. So for now, I shall concentrate on….preparing…..DINNER (not wedding, sorry Tim)….

Bak Kwa





Finally, here’s a pic of the bak kwa I made before CNY…Although not as good as those sold in stores, but at least we still got a taste of some CNY goodies…and it is pretty easy to make too….

Steam egg





Here’s my pockmarked steam egg with pork. Can’t see the pork? It is underneath the egg lar…Not sure how to get rid of those holes in the egg though. Anyone has any idea?


Bak Kut Teh


Every time I make Bak Kut Teh, I would throw in lotsa vege like Chinese lettuce, golden mushrooms, and canned mushrooms so that I don’t have to cook other dishes. Chao geng lei…


Lotus root soup



This is one of my favorite soups. It’s been a while since I last cooked it. So I have already bought the ingredients to cook it this week. Yeah!


Mee rebus


Too little gravy, too much noodles, and even more tau gay…5 of us had to share two packets of Prima Taste mee rebus premix, so we had to ration our gravy.

Curry




Yep, it is curry again. Now have I proven my point that I absolutely love CURRY??!!


Fried bee hoon







Here’s my version of Spore noodles aka xing zhou mi fen which I made yesterday… Do you know that the Spore noodles sold here have curry powder sprinkled all over? I have never tasted that in Spore before. How weird?!

Oatmeal Prawns


Finally, here comes Oatmeal Prawns. I have been patiently waiting for Zing to make cereal prawns using the cereal prawns premix she brought from Singapore since last year. She finally cooked it over the weekend. But I didn’t get a chance to savor it as I was taking my exam in LA. So when I came back, I decided to make my own.

Since I didn’t bring any premix from Spore, I looked online for the recipe instead. Looks good yeh. It also tastes good too although the mai pian weren’t crunchy enough. I guessed it was because I used oatmeal instead of cereal. Everyone is swearing by Nestum So I shall try using Nestum next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger clownz said...

this is becoming a food blog.. hahah

17/3/07 3:07 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I have to friggin agree! The owner of this blog has to do something about it! SAVE THE TIMSUM!

17/3/07 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home