Thursday, February 28, 2008

When I’ve nothing much to do….

I think I’ve been struck by the cooking bug. All day instead of working (actually I don’t have much work, at least not until later this week) I kept thinking of the next recipe I can try.

Today at work, I came up with a dinner menu which I can serve when I’ve guests over.

My Personalized Dinner Menu

Appetizer

Mini curry puffs
Nutella Hazelnut Challah
Corn & Carrot Consommé
Home-made Bak Kua
Home-baked bread with home-made kaya


Entrée

War Dan Hor Fun
Shrimp Scampi Linguini
Jap Chae



Dessert

Green Bean Sweet Potato Soup
Tau Suan with You Tiao
Mango Glutinous Rice


Except for the curry puff, kaya and mango glutinous rice which I haven’t made before, I should be able to cook the rest pretty easily. The appetizers can all be made in advance say in the afternoon before the guests arrive. All I’ve to do is concentrate on preparing the entrees (entrees are main course in the US. Don’t ask me why). As for dessert, they require even less preparation time. All I have to do is ensure that the soupy ones don’t dry up when simmering and don’t burn the glutinous rice when cooking.

I think I really got nothing better to do. What’s happening to me?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home