Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When home doesn't feel like home...

I have been back for a week and a half and it still hasn't really sunk in for me that I am home for good. There are probably a few reasons, for example the fact that I am currently unemployed, the fact that I just came back from a surreal footballing trip in Europe, and also, the fact that I have not been feeling too well the past 10 days after a heavy bout of the flu.

However, in the early hours of the morning as I am writing this, I am very very sure that the main reason why it doesn't feel like home, is because my wife is not with me here. Looking through our vacation photographs, I feel so happy whenever I see her with that happy grin on her face as we are having fun in some obscure part of the world. I realize that even though I should be happy at being back in Singapore, the fact that she's not here to spend this time with me makes it so much less appealing, and the things I normally do over here just aren't the same without her around.



Sharon, I am really looking forward to you coming back this week. Please come back soon and no need for any gifts as you are the greatest gift that any husband could ask for.

Love you and missing you lots,

Timmy

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Wah... you guys are so touching that seriously made me want to tear man.... who ever knows you guys can be so mushy... everytime say you are "colded" by us... these past weeks.. you have surpassed our coldness man... hehe :P

21/11/08 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home