Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time to reflect

Despite earning slightly more than what I got from the US (after taking into account CPF, lower taxes and potential bonus, if at all), for the first time in 3 and a half years, I felt

Overworked
____________
Underpaid

My job scope now is so different from the one I was used to. Now I am required to identify and source for new clients (I am not sure how to do it since I don't even have the contacts in the first place), market our services (so many presentations going on) and make sure we do everything we can to clinch the deal, on top of the usual documentation and planning projects which involve not only transfer pricing but TESCM work as well. The level of support I get does not commensurate with the expanded scope of work and I have so much admin work that I can't even concentrate on real work.

Maybe I just need to reset my expectations, push myself out of my comfort zone, proscratinate less, and be more self-disciplined.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Singapore. :)

9/6/09 10:44 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Thanks :(

15/6/09 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you should complain when there are some people out there who are unemployed... While you might not earn as much as a private banker, at least I'm sure your lifestyle is fairly comfortable.

15/6/09 11:12 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Who's that again? I am thankful for the fact that I am gainfully employed and I don't think the entry sounds like a complaint. It is more about trying to realign my expectations with the reality of life.

16/6/09 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home