Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bed-less, Couch-Less, TV-less....

....and sleepless......

I gave most of the things that I am not bringing back to Singapore away on Sat. That includes my bed, tv, dvd player, dinning tables/chairs, futon, coffee table among others.


Joel was really helpful. Not only did he help me to move, he was the one who borrowed a truck for me. All I had to do was let him know what I didn't want and he got rid of them for me... by bringing them to his place. No, he wasn't keeping all the things for himself. Some of the studf he didn't really need them anyway. He just wanted to make sure I don't have to worry about throwing them away by myself. (unlike someone hor, CGG?!!).


Morg and Ray helped to move the things too. I only had to supervise to make sure they took everything. I didn't have to lift a finger. hehe... Actually I did do something. I made them a great lunch consisting of food from all around the world. We started with taboule salad, a Moroccan inspired French appetiser. For the mains, we had Singapore-style curry chicken with Indian pratas, French loaf and Thai jasmine rice. We rounded the meal off with some sinful desserts - brownies and mousse au chocolat made from American chocolate. Well, of course, I only made the curry, pan fried the prata and cooked the rice. I got the rest from my farewell party at my French colleague's home the day before. I will leave the details of the party for another blog entry.

Anyway, the purpose of this blog entry is to show some pics of my new sleeping arrangement. With my bed and couch gone, where do I sleep or sit?

Ta-dah! My new bed!


Bits and pieces from everywhere. I lay the yellow float from the cold spring in Austin on top of the blue mat from the camping trip in Grand Canyon before putting the comforter on top. The bedsheet was used as a blanket instead. I originally wanted to throw away the mat and float but realized that it would probably be a good idea to have an extra layer of cushion. It turned out to be a good move. The floor was really hard but the pockets of air in the float provided me with the cushion I needed to survive. So why was I still sleepless? Because the bedsheet didn't provide me with enough warmth. I kept waking in the middle of the night shivering but just too lazy to walk to heater to turn it on.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Jo said...

Wah so poor thing? I hope Tim feels really bad for all the hardship you're going through and is sleeping on the floor till you return home!

I can't wait for u to get back!!! :)

1/4/09 11:23 AM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Ya man....and he says he will treat me to a good dinner to make up for it. Hmph, I don't think that's enuff!

2 more nights!!

1/4/09 2:31 PM  
Blogger Wen7 said...

I say ask Tim to kneel on durian shells on each knees for an hour, then ask him drive u to geylang to eat what you crave for.. and then upgrade that Diamond ring to 2carrot big.

6/4/09 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home