Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Itchy, scratchy

Week of Feb 9 (Singapore): Due to the sudden change in weather from cold to hot, I developed heat rash when I was in Singapore.

Week of Feb 16 (Singapore): The heat rash became more like insect bites. I tot there were mosquito bites. Then I realized those were bed bug bites. Weird thing was Tim did not get it.

Week of Feb 23 (Houston): Relief! No bites or itch.

Week of March 2: All was good. Tim was really happy that I am going back soon. "Now I am not looking forward to sleeping on that bed bug-infested bed, if there are indeed any, or worse I may get heat rash again as I am not suitable for the Singapore weather anymore", I said half in jest.

That was on Saturday.

Then on Sunday at 11pm, my neck started to itch. I could feel my left eye lid swollen. I went to bathe noticing red patches around my thighs as well. I didn't think much of it. In the middle of the night, I woke up with the worse itch ever! My body and limbs were covered with red lumps. I couldn't sleep. The patches looked very ugly, I called the clinic in the middle of the night to make an appointment for the next day. True enough, I couldn't get any. I was told to try again in the morning.

I woke up at 8am this morning feeling really tired due to a lack of sleep. Some of the lumps and redness had subsided. So I thought I will go to the doc tomorrow instead since I had made an appt for a checkup anyway some time back. Now, at 11pm, the itch and redness are coming back. Worse, even my palm is itching. ARGH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did u touch or eat something u're allergic to?

11/3/09 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home