Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Long Service Anniversary

Just the other day during a chat with my partner, we talked about despite having been with the organization for slightly over six years, I have never received any service award. Now that I am quitting the Houston office to go back to Singapore, my number of years of service will probably have to recount again. Perhaps, I will never even get any recognition for the years of “hard work” I put in maybe even after possibly10 years with the company.

Then I received an email two days ago from the HR. Apparently, some enhancements have been made to the service award program which includes a change in the years of service calculation. Under the new calculation, service years now include the time spent with a non-US firm.

With this change, my number of service years was changed and now I get to celebrate a milestone anniversary by selecting a gift.

I have not seen the list of gifts I can choose from. Nay, I don’t think it is gonna be something very attractive, it is probably gonna be some clock, diary, mug, t-shirt with the EY logo but at least it is still some form of recognition. Of course, the most practical would be to give me $$.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get 6 years with EY?!

13/2/09 12:37 AM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

3 years in Spore, 3 years in the US lor.

15/2/09 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home