Sunday, January 18, 2009

CNY

UPDATED

Holy Cow! I just realized CNY is less than 10 days away and next Sunday is CNY eve already! It doesn't even feel like CNY is coming until I went to Chinatown today and see all the goodies and decorations on display.

If I remembered correctly, the first year we celebrated CNY with the whole group of Sporeans or was it just the six of us? hmm....my memory is failing me already. The second year, the six of us probably celebrated among ourselves. Last year, I cooked reunion dinner for the four of us but Zing couldn't make it and so only the three of us ate the food.

This year, there is just me, myself and I. Even my hubby has forsaken me. boo....

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't possibly be having a reunion by myself, right? It is not called a reunion dinner for nothing. right?

So I suggested for the few Singaporeans (four + Morgan's ang mo gf) whom I got to know here to get together for a reunion dinner among ourselves next Sat. And then somehow, we also managed to get Morgan to open up his house to hold the gathering. Or rather, we left him with no choice since he is the only one with a house while the rest of us live in rented apt. ha.

Now, I am excited. It's is not going to be a lonely reunion dinner afterall.

And we are gonna have steamboat. Minimum preparation, maximum participation.

That reminds me...Tim and I had great fun having steamboat and playing cranium with GYC, Xtine, Chor Yang, Magdelene, Billy and Ben on Xmas Day. Yes, that's how we spent our Xmas in freezing cold, transportless London.

-----------------------------------------------
UPDATE

Two more Singaporeans joining us. This couple came to Houston from Melbourne just after Xmas. The lady is YR's ex-colleague in DT Spore.

Morgan also invited his Canadian Indian friend whom I met when Morgan sent the both of us to the airport in Dec (he was going to Toronto or somewhere and did not even bother to buy the return tix. He then ended up in Miami for the New Year before coming back to Houston).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home