Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cajun Jambalaya

With the move back to Singapore coming up, I thought I should have more of the local cuisines for the last few times.

Randalls (supermarket) used to sell Cajun Jambalaya on Mondays. I was really disappointed when I found out a few Mondays ago that it is now offering the Louisiana soup with rice on Saturdays instead.

So today (Sat), I was determined to have it for dinner again. Alas, even though it was indicated that the French/Spanish influenced dish was on the menu, the pots were filled with Tuscan tomatoes soup instead. Boy, I was so looking forward to having it for dinner. In the end, I had to settle for some pre-made chilled jambalaya. It certainly did not taste as good.

To make up for the lack of a good hot bowl of soup, I bought Ben & Jerry's cheescake brownie ice cream for dessert. I usually will not buy any ice cream. This is something Tim would do. Then since this is gonna be one of the last few chances I am going to be having cheap ice cream with exotic flavors, I bought a pint. At only US$3.50, it is so much cheaper than in Singapore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home