Saturday, June 13, 2009

K pop

I was approached by two ladies while walking around in AMK Hub after dinner at Fish & Co (I've not been there for almost 4 years!). After introducing themselves, they asked if I am into Korean. I said not really. Then they went on to ask if I am interested in attending a Korean nite. I replied no. They paused and shared a look between the two of them., this was followed by an awkward silence. I was about to walk off when they said, "Actually we are from the church. Would you like to come to our church?" And my reply? A flat no.

Why do these people have to start off with asking if I am interested in Korean when they obviously dont really care whether I am interested (or at least the answer was secondary)? The ultimate aim was to get me to join them at church. So what if I had said yes to their first question? It doesn't mean that I would be interested in going to a church. What has Korean got to do with the Church. Can't they just be more upfront about it? That really pissed me off.

Oh did I say I am actually a little into Korean nowadays as I have been dancing listening to the song "Nobody" by the Wondergirls for the past few days. I only replied not really because I already suspected they were from the church even before they asked me the question. Ha.

"I want nobody, nobody but you." *point finger* , *clap, clap* , *point finger* , *clap*

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I duno about korean or churches...but if you been listening to wondergirls....then check out this singaporean parody using their song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViRlo1_b1o

15/6/09 7:42 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

It's pretty well done.

15/6/09 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home