Monday, October 18, 2010

Trips this year - Part 2

After finding out we are pregnant, Tim and I thought that we should have one last holiday before the baby comes.

That's when we conceived the idea of having an overseas trip with not just the two of us but together with our parents. Yes, both sets of parents! We were thinking that since it would be a while before we travel again, so why not make it a family trip!

So off we went to Phuket!

I guess many couples would be a little hesitant to bring both sets of parents on a vacation together but not us. We were sure it would turn out fine. And true enough, the trip was really enjoyable and we got to spend some quality time together.

I even found out more about my FIL. I now understand why Tim is so physically adventurous and always full of energy. He inherited these traits from his father! When my FIL saw a rope hanging from a tree, after tugging at it for a few times to make sure it was secured, he promptly lifted his body from the ground by grabbing onto the rope and asked Tim to take a photo of him. Something I would not expect a man of his age to do!

When we took longer than expected to reach Patong, my FIL became restless. But when he saw the beach, he immediately took off his clothes and jumped into the sea. Exactly what Tim would usually do! The father and son were the only two swimming and wrestling with the waves from our group of seven (or should I say eight). The rest were happy just lazing around on the beach.

Tim probably also inherited humongous appetite and high metabolism rate from his father. The amount of food my FIL eats is probably more than a man of Tim's age would eat yet he remains skinny. I am suspecting our son has also inherited his appetite from Tim cos I am constantly hungry after getting pregnant.

I have always wanted to bring my parents on a road trip. Although Phuket is not exactly the place I had in mind, it was good enough. As we stayed in the north side of the island, we had to drive every time we stepped out of the resort. It was fun reading the maps, figuring how to get to places and exploring the island. Something which they probably never experienced before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home