Saturday, August 22, 2009

ION Orchard

Visited ION Orchard for real for the first time today. The last time I was there, I merely took the escalator to the first floor and then got out of it to go Wisma. I only realised today that the mall is gigantic. True to my style of shopping, mum, ah mei and I went straight to the basement where the foodcourt was and had a feast.

There were so many new selections of food to choose from. I found the Peking duck to be so so...couldnt really taste the crispy skin as each roll came only with a tiny piece of skin. It would have been better if each roll had come with some cumumbers as well but I guessrd it would only just make the waiting time even longer. I queued for approximately 15 mins before I got the duck. The big pig was better though but the ultra crispy skin was a little tough to chew on. I think it is just the novelty of being able to get peking duck in a non-restaurant setting which made the stall so popular.

While I was lining up for the duck/big pig, Ah mei queued for the takopachi balls. The queue was equally long but the wait was definitely worth it. Somehow the takopachi at the ION tasted much better than those at other places. No wonder the line was so long.

After shopping around for a bit, we ended at Provence. Despite the French name, the bakery came from Japan. The wassant was soft and fluffy. The chocolate twist which had crushed almonds was equally good if not, better.

After which, we headed to Isetan supermarket where we had another round of feast. Isetan had a mini food fest going on in celebration of its 10th year anniversary. So the three of us went around trying various types of food samples including nuts, crackers, tea, roes, scallops, soba, plum vinegar, etc.

We ended our "food spree" with tiramisu from Bakerzin which surprisingly were not as good as they looked. We were quite disappointed by the quality as they tasted as if they had been left around for some time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

wah foodie family! i like the wassant from provence too~!! Oh man.. reading ur entry early in the morning really makes me hungry... haven't had breakfast.......

25/8/09 9:09 AM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Why are u known as miss Diam Diam?

1/9/09 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home