Sunday, July 26, 2009

My gastronomic affair with HK Part 2

To continue from where I left off...

After having the mango dessert at Shui Liu Shan, we walked around Mongkok and along Nu Ren Jie before heading back to the hotel just before it started pouring.

For dinner, Wen and Celia brought us to a village near the seaside (or was it riverside) for a sumptuous seafood dinner. The bamboo clam, lai liu har, giant prawns and scallops with crystal noodles were simply delicious.

Price: The bill came up to $100 per couple. Now, why did I still remember the price? Cos this time round I finally paid for it...

We were strolling along the riverbank before we cut it short abruptly as we received a call from Rey informing that the suppposed Category 3 Typhoon would be upgraded to Category 8 by 1130pm.

That night, it rained really hard. The wind was so strong that we couldn't even open the main door due to suction. Good thing the typhoon came late at night cos by the time morning came, the typhoon had passed HK. I was really surprised when I was out walking around Central and Causeway Bay later that day that there really wasn't that much of a damage despite the strength of the typhoon. Ir really made me wonder why Houston was hit so badly by Hurricane Ike.

Anyway, we had dim sum lunch with several other ex-colleagues/classmates of Tim. It's amazing how many Singaporeans are working in HK. We never had so many visitors in Houston. There were eight of us altogether and the bill only came up to around HK$350. That's about S$9 per person. Cheap cheap...The gui ling gao we had for dessert was not as cheap but it was very good. The best gui ling gao I ever had. I don't usually eat gui ling gao but I must say i was hooked after that. I was, however, disappointed by the quality of the gui ling gao I had at Shui Liu Shan just before I left for the airport on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home