Friday, July 08, 2005

I finally DID IT.

5th July 2005 - a day that i will ALWAYS remember.

It all started with an innocent lunch at Clifford Centre Food Court with the rest of the PwC Asses... most notably Gin Wee, Yee Chung, Wen, Weixing, etc... (yea i seem to be naming the fatter ones...). The Chicken Bryani there wasn't too bad but i though it could've been better.


Anyway after lunch, we wanted to look for a place for coffee so we stepped out to the open area in front of Clifford.... noticed that there was a crowd and suddenly i heard the words... "F.X.!!!!!!!"


My knees went weak, my stomach felt like a butterfly nest, and i turned... and spotted the ONE... the ONLY..... F.X.


OK... what should i do? Twice i've seen her outside and twice i've chickened out.... will i really pass up on my 3rd chance as Fate would have had it? With my marbles seemingly lost, i turned to Wen and asked... "Tissue? Tissue? You have tissue???" Jeff and Ais heard and thought i was going crazy... wasn't really sure why i did it but i think it was to clean my mouth before i spoke to FX... or maybe to stop my nose from bleeding? Anyway Ais did pass it to me.... i wiped my mouth.. and off i went on my Journey....


As i walked toward her... closer.. closer... i prepared myself. Who cares if a camera was following her around?? Who cares if there was like a thousand people all looking at her?? In a flash, we met. She saw me.. noticeably stunned as i stood in her tracks.


"Err.... F.... can i take a picture with you???" I think those were the words that came out of my mouth. Unbelievably, she replied in mandarin with a heartwarming smile... "Later, i'm filming now!" Ok her voice was as TEH as u always hear on TV... but once again... WHO CARES!!!?!?


And so i waited... while she moved from girl to girl, talking about their fashion sense on TV. By now my PwC ass frens were sitting at the corner waiting for my big show.... this went on for about 5 minutes and i thought caringly, maybe she's too busty.... i mean, BUSY..... so maybe i shouldn't be disturbing her. After all she's working right??


And so, i told the rest to go... i'm going for coffee already coz she's busy..... of course Gin Wee and co were understandably disappointed with me.... but oh well... 3 strikes and i deserve to be out. Weixing, Ais and Huili stayed with me and we went down to Raffles Exchange for coffee.... haiz...




THE END.....



or was it??


Now here we are at a coffee place downstairs and till now i STILL don't know the name of the place. It's a friggin' long queue, i'm feeling ultra disappointed (just like the last 2 occasions) and suddenly i received a message from Gin Wee... "Eh. Don't regret it leh. Go for it." Hmm... positive words from Gin.. now THAT's a first from him. Huili too, saw that i was kinda disappointed and said... "The queue still so long!! You wanna go up and take or not?? You still have a chance!"


Hmm... another person with a good point. Now... why should i give up so easily when i've been waiting to take a pic with FX for like the longest time?!?!? Maybe i would never ever see her in person again for the rest of my life???? And off i ran.. up the stairs....


Amazingly i went up at the right time. FX had finished filming and was talking to someone else.. a member of the filming crew i would think. And there it was.. my chance.... i went up to her... tapped her on the shoulder and said... "Hi F! Can i err... take a photo with you??" To my astonishment, she spoke in the TEH mandarin again and said, "Ok ok! Sorry about just now coz i was busy!!" Or something to that effect coz i couldn't really hear anything else after her OK.


She then stood next to me just like a friend would.... and i coolly took out my Samsung D500C (i could've sworn i bought the damn phone for this one moment). I stretched out my right hand as far as i could and realised i was trembling and having trouble fiddling with my phone. I think FX realised that coz what she did next almost made me pass out.


FX actually stretched her hand too, to hold my skinny wrist and stabilise the phone camera and said with a smile again... "Is this ok??"


Obviously i said yes... and thanks... or something like dat and i went.. "SMILE!!" before finally taking it. Of course she checked out the photo with me and this is what we saw.





Again, i thanked her and shook her hand... before walking off into the sunset, with a smile on my face for the rest of the day. As Gin Wee put it, a little boy, finally had his wish fulfilled... on this one fateful day.





Credits:
F. X. - For being so nice and friendly to take this pic with what must have seemed like a teenage crazed fan to her.

Sharon - For being the only girlfriend in the entire world who would actually support her boyfriend in fulfilling a dream like this. One of the many many reasons why i love you.. ahmuah!

Huili - For telling me not to give up.. after seeing me suffer at Orchard the last time i met FX. If you didn't say what you did this pic wouldn't have been possible.

PwC - For allowing me to be on a job that amazingly created this opportunity for me to see her. My 2 yrs work experience was definitely NOT in vain after this!

Gin Wee - For posting this damn pic to almost the rest of the world (LITERALLY!!!), and letting everyone know how charming i looked next to FX.

Jo - Forlan. Forlan. Forlan. :P

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Haha I can't believe it! You actually blogged every single detail of the event.

Congrats again. You Finally did it!

8/7/05 9:46 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I had no choice... every moment in the story was crucial man... EVERY.

:P

8/7/05 11:03 AM  
Blogger Muffinsaurs said...

kor... i think u are weird.. but FUnny..
hahahaa

16/7/05 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is 2 years late but when he learnt of my seeing FX on the street, the fella still got all excited! Single-minded man who knows his likes n dislikes. Good on him!

5/7/07 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home