Monday, May 22, 2006

What a month!!

Yup, the past month has been so amazing and it seems that I've gone through so much within the space of 30 days! Let me think what are the most notable ones you should know about..

1) Celebrating Sharon's birthday - Feel free to ask her what I bought her.... but guys don't let your girlfriends find out.

2) New York - Yup I managed to spend a whole weekend in the famous Big Apple... all thanks to my wonderful audit firm. :P

3) Retreat - Nope I wasn't running away from anything, but I was at a Catholic Engagement Retreat for engaged couples. Sharon and I really enjoyed the whole session and we feel alot closer and much readier to get married.

4) Season Finales - Yes.. in the space of a week I am temporarily saying goodbye to Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, 24, and Lost.... and for Will and Grace it's a permanant goodbye. Without them for the next few months what the hell am I going to do?!

Seems alot doesn't it? Well take my word for it... the past weeks were really fun-filled and exciting and yet emotionally and physically draining.... or maybe it's just me getting fat... hmmm...


***********************************************


Now I must say, despite seeing the New York so many times on TV, it was still a wonderful experience being in Manhattan! Maybe it's because I've spent the past half a year in boring ol' Houston but I found that New York was really vibrant and happening! With lotsa people on the streets up to the wee hours of the night, all that noise and all that sound (*ahem*), it seemed like there was so many things to do and see there! Click on the picture below to see my album.....


"The busy Big Apple...."


Anyway during my NY trip I managed to meet up with my ex-colleague Cheryl Chung. She came over to work about a year and a half ago and she's been enjoying it ever since! Aside from the fact that there's still so much that she hasn't done in NY, she's also been able to travel around the States.. from Florida to California and much more.. all because of... erm.. our audit firm again... hehe...

I put up at her apartment, which was kinda nice actually, considering the horror stories I've heard about small and expensive apartments in NY... and because I didn't have to pay for any accomodation, we managed to pig out on a few occasions, most notably at Bubba Gump, Forrest Gump's theme restaurant, and also at Churrascaria Plataforma, a super duper expensive Brazilian buffet restaurant (the bill came up to USD$155!!!). Needless to say we had a good time and I probably would visit NY again if I have the chance.....


"Forrest won't be running after a meal like this..."


PS: Now you know why I'm getting fat. Argh....

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

getting fat?? hehe ... i heard that u almost died at soccer. Muz be becos u're getting fat :P

24/5/06 11:23 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

You seriously won't believe it. My pants are getting tighter, my belt don't fit no more, I get tired easily and Sharon says my side view looks like a pear now instead of a stick. NOT good.

24/5/06 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home