Saturday, June 17, 2006

GYM

2 months after I stopped going gym, (actually I haven’t really got started before I gave myself the excuse that I needed to study hard for my exams) I decided to go to gym again on Monday. I had been telling myself to build up my stamina before the Grand Canyon trip to ensure that I will be fit for the long and tedious trek. But now that we are so close to the trip, I still haven’t made any improvement yet.

I told Tim to make sure he joins me just in case I chao geng again. Well, you must be thinking, “Gym only mah, what’s there to write about?” Here’s an account of what happened:

1800: Reached home, started cooking.
1900: Finished cooking, started eating.
1925: Finished eating, started washing dishes.
1945: Finished washing dishes, we started talking

Tim said, “How about we take a nap first before going to the gym. Anyway, we cant go to the gym straight away. We need time to digest our food first. Let’s sleep till 9pm?”

I replied, “A nap sounds good, I am sleepy too. But we don’t need to sleep for so long. Let’s wake up at 830pm instead.”

Tim then said, "Ok lor, but seriously we can't exercise so fast after eating. We need to wait a little longer."

Both of us then slept….I woke up at exactly 830pm when the alarm went off. Tim continued to sleep. So I thought I would just let him sleep till 9o’clock instead. Just so happened that there was an interesting show on BBC America, (They should have a Channel 8 America here too. I miss Mandarin drama serials!) so I thought I would finish watching it before going to the gym.

2130: Show finished. Since Tim was still sleeping and I felt so motivated to go to the gym for the first time in months, I decided to go ahead without him.

At the gym…

2135: Started to do some stretching.
2140: Went up onto the treadmill.
2143: I am out!

Yes, I only lasted 3 short minutes! And it was not because I wanted to give up. I had difficulty breathing. It was definitely not because I wanted to chao geng again! (cos the first time I went to the gym with Tim and Wen, they said I kept chao genging by giving the excuse that my shoes laces kept becoming loose)

This time round, it was different. I felt that I was almost going to get a cardiac arrest if I did not stop immediately.

So I came down. Took several deep breaths and rested. While I was resting, Tim came down. Seeing that even he was making the effort to exercise, I was determined to continue with my work out.

2155: Started on the step machine
2201: I am out again!

Well, I felt I couldn’t continue anymore so I had to stop. My face turned green. I rested. After around 15 minutes, Tim said he wanted to head back home. By then, I thought I was feeling better. I started walking. I felt nauseous.

Tim had to open the mailbox. I waited for him along the corridor. I couldn’t stand properly without leaning against the wall. He seemed to take forever to get the letters. (actually I think he only took less than a minute).

We went up the elevator. And the walk back home seemed to take forever too. Our apartment is the 2nd last apartment along the corridor.

Tim opened the door. I looked at him and said I wanted to puke. The next moment, all my dinner was out. Shouldn’t have bothered to cook and eat. Wasted my time and effort. I should have listened to Tim that we should rest longer before going to gym. But how would I know that almost 2 hours after dinner, the food would still not be fully digested? Oh well…

**********************************************

Moral of the story: Next time anyone asks me to go gym, I will just say I just had dinner, cannot run. It’s not that I want to chao geng. But I have had an experience of puking after gym due to indigestion. So Tim, don’t say I always give lotsa excuses for not going to the gym ya? This reason is definitely valid! Yeah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Diam Diam said...

Hahaha... Next time go jog first before having ur dinner ah!

17/6/06 3:35 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Can't jog before dinner. By then will be too hungry to cook.
Full of excuses!! haha...

17/6/06 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home