Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Circus, Circus.

Can you remember when was the last time you saw a circus?

Well despite the many clowns that I have met over the years (Zhanwen, Mel, Jo, you know who you are...), I really can't remember much about the last one that I saw. All I can vaguely recall is that the only time I was ever at one was the Great Moscow Circus during it's run in Singapore and I must've been only 5 or 6 years old at that time.

Anyway, just last week, I finally made it for a Cirque Du Soleil show here in Houston, called Corteo. Yes yes I know it's not exactly a circus per se, but still, it pretty much was one to me. Complete with a real Big-Top, lots of clowns, acrobats and entertainment, it really was a sight to behold and I don't remember being so impressed by a show before... well maybe not since Blue Man Group in Vegas of course.

That being said, I want to encourage you guys to watch ANY Cirque Du Soleil shows if you ever get the chance. I remember those orange Alegria notebooks they used to give out in Goodybags back in my NTU days to raise the awareness of Cirque Du Soleil but I don't remember ANYONE ever seeing it.

Check out the Corteo website to find out more and do check out some of the youtube videos by searching for Cirque Du Soleil and Corteo and you'll catch a glimpse as to why we're all so impressed by the show.


"Joke of the day: I have a double chin."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home