Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Overheard

I overheard this conversation between a Malaysian female hair dresser prob in her late twenties or early thirties with a Taiwanese boy who is prob in his late teens. The nationality doesn't come into play here. I only mentioned it because they spoke in Mandarin and I have difficulty typing the whole conversation in Chinese (I am not Celia. Bet she must be real good at it now). Anyhow, here's how the conversation goes after translation:

Hairdresser: So long never see you. Have you been busy?

Ah boy: Yes, I have been working. In fact, I just knocked off.

Hairdresser: How would you like me to cut your hair?

Ah Boy: 随便

Hairdresser: Ok.

Ah Boy: Is it very difficult to cut if i say 随便? I heard that hair stylists usually don't like customers to say 随便 cos it will be hard for them to do the haircut.

Hairdresser. No lar. You say 随便 then I just 随便剪 lor.

Ah Boy: Ok.

Hairdresser: Hey, you seem to look fatter than before.

Ah Boy: Is it?

Hairdresser: Yes, you were a little skinnier the other time. Why don't you go on a diet?

Ah Boy: Hmm... I never thought of that before.

Hairdresser: You SHOULD go on a diet. At least now it is not that difficult. If you become fatter, then it will be a lot harder to slim down. I remembered the guy you came with the other time. He came by the other day. He was skinny the first time he came. Now, he too has become fat. Now he looks like you but u are fatter. Really, you SHOULD go on a diet.

Ah boy: ...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home