Monday, July 26, 2004

Soldier Of Fortune!


"Hostage Training was easily available in New Zealand." 
 
Today is the day i finally went back to reservist (i use the word FINALLY coz i was turned down by SAF a few months back...). After yesterday's insane session of Sunday Soccer, it wasn't gonna be an easy task waking up early to book in but amazingly, i managed to do so. In truth though, my alarm was tuned at 4am to catch the Man Utd vs Bayern game which was on TV but being the sound sleeper that i am, i managed to wake up almost 3 hours after the alarm rang. Sad to have missed the game but felt better knowing that it ended 0-0! The morning was therefore a mad rush with me finding my old No. 4, slacks, green socks, boots and most importantly, my gutters!! In no time i was back to my NSF days, looking like an overly-enthu NCC cadet. This was made especially worse by yesterday's army haircut, the dreaded decision having been made as a result of my exceptionally stylish cut from J-Salon, which was TOTALLY never gonna be accepted in Nee Soon. 

I made my way down via MRT to Yishun then taxi then.. now i know the bus to take is 169. Don't wanna take any more cabs liao... since i can't claim anymore from my company at the moment. Upon reaching the place and finding the lecture room with a slight degree of difficulty, i found myself sticking out in the group like a sore thumb. Everyone was well into the Reservist Look... with reservist-hair, reservist-uniform, and a resrvist-belly to boot. Can't believe i bumped into an old friend though, Marc Chao from my Spec II course waaaaay back in 1999. He himself told me i didn't have the reservist look and it was kinda sad...

During the course of the day, i'm thinking this Spec I course is gonna be a really relaxed course. I mean, almost the whole of the day was spent on lectures and talks, of which i had problems staying awake in (as usual). Furthermore the course instructor mentioned it'll be something like this for the next 3 weeks. We do have a Field Camp to look out for in our last week though but it'll still be better than being at work at this time!! Yea... the feeling's great to leave work behind and offer my services to the SAF now.

Hmmm.. this whole bo lioa post was about army... kinda sounds weird don't it? Well no matter what, if every day of this course is gonna be like today (i got off at 315 and reached home at 420), i'm gonna be Lovin' It!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home