Monday, September 13, 2004

Big Spender!!!

Oh well.... Singapore Idol came and went this week and our beloved Hall 3's Serene Koong sang the song title mentioned above. Thought she did pretty well, showing her excellent voice range, but the song wasn't an easy one to pull off on stage and the judges didn't take to her. A very good effort from her though, and even though she's not in the next round, she's still a Sassy Songbird to all of us from Hall 3!!!

Anyway, talking bout Big Spenders, i was just doing a reality check a moment ago, and realised i've been spending money like water the past week!!! Seems that i've been paying for lots of stuff which i'm not sure if i really need in the first place.... here's the lowdown on some of them...


1. Adidas Sala Street Soccer Shoes

"The new Sala. Brilliantly brilliant." Posted by Hello

- Price: $60 (after discount)
- Description: Shoes meant for street soccer. Reason for buying was the 25% discount at Stadium and the need for me to replace my old shoes.

Value-For-Money Rating (out of 10): 5
Yes, it's for replacing my worn out pair of Adidas', but knowing the fact that i am a Serial Shoe Killer and that my shoes last little more than 5 months each time, did i really need to pay $60??


2. K2 Inline Skates

"Hmmm.. don't they come in pairs?"

- Price: $185
- Description: With my sudden craze for Blading going out of control, getting a pair of these was inevitable. Managed to convince myself that i didn't need to pay more than $200 and these K2 blades are really REALLY comfy!

Value-For-Money Rating (out of 10): 6
I know what many of you are thinking... Blade 3 times only and now i go out and get myself a pair? Sounds like madness, but for myself i'm pretty sure i'm going to keep up with this sport for some time to come. With Sharon showing an interest too, it's gonna be more than just a passing phase! (I HOPE.)


3. Haircut at J-Salon

"Hairdo? Or Hairdon't? What say you?" Posted by Hello

- Price: $78 ($23 for cut, $55 for dye)
- Description: After the Golliwog debacle a few days ago, it was obvious i needed to do something. Anyway my hair was really getting long and frizzy and so it was back to the nice hairdresser aunty Annie at the J-Salon in Far East. Went for a dye too as my hair colour was getting a little boring.

Value-For-Money Rating (out of 10): 3
Well, there are many places that i could have cut my hair. (Even Qunwei's lousy $6 cut at CCK) But i really find that Annie is really good and knows her stuff, so i'm pretty loyal to her. However, does the haircut really matter when you already have a handsome face? Hmmm... Also could have dyed it myself... but din wanna get my hands dirty...


4. Parking Fine at East Coast!!!

"Sept 11 is never a good day..." Posted by Hello

- Price: $30
- Description: Went blading and then stopped by the hawker centre to eat. Reynold told me that i still needed to pay for parking as he spotted the sign at the entrance. However, I nonchalantly told him that i'm not that suay and we were only getting a drink. Turns out that we had 2 rounds of sugar cane, 1 plate of Lala, 1 rojak, almost 1 hour of rest time, and a visit from the summon aunty.

Value-For-Money Rating (out of 10): 0
What value can you ever find in a parking fine?!?!?!


*****************************************

As you can see, the song Big Spender was really written for people like me. As the start of the week beckons, i look at my wallet and the sight was shockingly familiar.


"I'm pretty sure there's a hole somewhere..." Posted by Hello


Bring on Monday.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home