Thursday, September 09, 2004

Golliwog!!!

Have you ever heard of a Golliwog? Have you ever seen a Golliwog? Do you even know what a Golliwog is??? Well for myself, i vaguely recall hearing or reading about it somewhere, but i really can't be sure.... Anyway why the sudden interest in Golliwogs you might ask?? Well today, while i was studiously going through my FSLI CD-ROM, Ivy said i looked like.... a Golliwog... while looking at my NZ pics...

Obviously, when i first heard it, i had no idea whether it was a good thing or a bad thing.. but with a name like Golliwog, i don't think it can be any good right? Hahaha... anyway during lunch i decided to consult Rey and Shumiin, and both of them started laughing... and concurred that i did look like one!!!! Argh... I was getting really curious then and when i went back, i got a link from Ivy showing me the pic of a Golliwog....


I mean like, WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! So THIS is a Golliwog?? Hahahaha... seems like its the hair that's the defining factor... and maybe the smile.. (even with braces man...) Other than that i don't think i'm as tanned or as fat... hee.. but it's still interesting if you come to think of it actually. It's a character from Enid Blyton's books ah... looking suspiciously like an Afro dude... On closer look it also looks like Ronald McDonald who's just survived a bomb attack on his restaurant.....

Funny thing about me and cartoons though... those of you who know me back in my SJI days will know that i always got teased about looking like Mr 7-UP himself....



I used to wear loose Ts and berms like Fido does... looking just as skinny and with the trademark spikey hair!! (Yes even at that age....) I dare say, i was probably as cool as him too.... hee....

Kinda fun having yourself associated with cartoonic icons don't you think?? Not everyone can make that easy claim to fame and looking like someone that's hand drawn.... For myself, i'm pretty fine with it.. as long as nobody tries to associate me with anything TOO ridiculous... In the meantime, i think i can rename this my GolliBLOG liao.... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home