Wednesday, January 25, 2006

CAMEO!!

I am happily typing away in the comfort of my 5* hotel. Yes, I am now in Conrad! And they provide Molten Brown bathing products! But then it’s still not as good as the suite in Ritz Carlton right, Tim?!! Furthermore, it has no view to speak of.

Hi everyone, I am Sharon, the guest writer for this week. Hope this will not be my first and last entry. Timothy has been asking me since I dunno when to write in his blog. But being a procrastinator, I finally got down to doing it tonight just because I am all alone in the hotel room with nothing much to do.

Right now, I’m in Chicago for my transfer pricing training. Oh my, the class is really boring. I could have just slept if we were not seated around a table where everyone can see what everyone is doing. And Ang Mos are really more proactive and participative.

Chicago is a beautiful city, definitely much nicer than Houston which is boring. The skyline is fantastic. And there are just so much more things to see compared to Houston even though it’s the winter. (Around 1-2 degree celsius today). It looks more like the America I see on TV.

Guess what? The EY Chicago office is right in the Sears Tower (The third highest building in the world. It was first until it was overtaken by Petronas and Taipei 101). Went up to the 66th floor today for a buffet lunch and the view of Lake Michigan is awesome.

Raymond, a classmate I have never kept in contact since he moved to Chicago 10 years ago, brought me around the city. Went to the navy pier, Millennia Park, Chinatown, look at the night skyline of Chicago… I even sat on a bus and took the subway. I would probably have just walked in the mall if not for him. A very big Thank You Ray if you are reading this.

And yes, now I think our MRT and buses in Singapore are excellent. No complains. The subways (also known as the L) are super noisy and they aint exactly new. The underpass to the subway is also dark and old. As for the bus, it’s not very high tech considering that you have to push the door yourself when alighting. Yes, It doesn’t open automatically! Not something I would expect from America especially in Chicago. Think the Taiwan MRT is even nicer and better. Or maybe I haven’t seen the world enough yet.

Although I have taken some pictures (less than 10), they didn’t turn out well since I have taken them all at night. And the battery is running low even though that dumb dumb Tim told me that it can last my entire trip. I asked him to check on the night before I left. And it runs out so fast. Like my ex-AM always says, “Trust no one”. Next time I should just check it myself.

Alrighty, that’s all for now. Hope you find it interesting enough that you will want me to contribute another entry soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home