Thursday, January 26, 2006

Last night in Chicago....

Guess what I found out today? The hotel room I’m staying in is actually a suite. Wow! No wonder it costs US$425 per night. Luckily I don’t have to pay for a single cent. It’s ridiculously expensive. And you know what? Most Americans have not heard of the Conrad before! When I said I am putting up at Conrad, they will go huh?!! The first time it happened, I thought it was my lousy pronunciation. Apparently, they have totally no idea that it’s a 5 * hotel (Do I have to keep repeating it’s a 5* hotel. Keke…)

But even a 5* hotel has its fault. The toilet couldn’t be flushed properly today and I had to get the “engineer” to fix it. At least that’s what the operator called the plumber. My mum can be an engineer too! Talk about euphemism. Hahaha..

Today I had dinner at this posh Latin American restaurant. Check out the website : www.carnivalechicago.com It was a typical American dinner where one has to mingle around, make small talk while the food took forever to be served. Being super tao or rather unsociable, I sat at my table the entire night talking to only the people from Houston. There were people from all over America yet I only talked to people from my office. Oh my, I got to improve man.

Tonight is the last night I am in Chicago and yet I haven’t got a chance to shop. Not that I am a shopaholic but at least I must walk around a bit since I am staying within the shopping belt ya? What a waste! Thought I could buy a Coach handbag or something. Argh… (Tim, do you get the hint???? At least it’s not a Christian Dior!!! Oops, hope Rey is not reading this.)

Hey, not bad ya? I am already into my 2nd entry. Hope the entries will keep flowing even when I am back in Houston. Till the next time…..

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

it's abt time someone steps in to post for him. His blog is turning mouldy.

3/2/06 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home