Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What's wrong with the postal service?

This is the land of "What can go wrong will go wrong" (WCGW WGW). This is the phrase that Zhanwen, my friendly neighbor, has coined Houston. It doesn't matter what is the issue. Something, anything, everything, somehow or rather will just go wrong. Let me complain about the postal service here.

First, the relocation package which was supposed to be fedexed to my house was returned to the whatever EY office as undelivered. Fedex u noe!! Apparently they can't find the address.

Then my bank statement for the 2nd month was returned to the bank as undelivered too. Wonder how I received the 1st statement?!!

And I waited in vain for my SSN card for more than 5 weeks despite being issued a letter informing that I should receive it in 2 weeks.

I had to waste one hour queuing again in the SSN office to apply for a duplicate card last week. Mind you, that was the fourth time I have been there. Finally the SSN card came today.

Think that's the end of the issue? Hell, no!! My SSN card landed in Zhanwen's mailbox!! Luckily it found its way to my favorite neighbor's mailbox. If it were to be delivered to a nasty neighbor, bet it would have been thrown away. Imagine the hassle of going to the SSN office again. It doesn't help that the office closes at 4pm and is always crowded.

Last but not least, my paycheck found its way to Zhanwen's mailbox too! Luckily his wife, Celia, was not in need of money when she found the check. Haiz... WCGW WGW! And as Tim would have put it, "WTF?!!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home