Monday, August 13, 2007

What's up, doc?

Darn.... it's been more than a week since the day I chao genged but until now I still haven't fully recovered. In fact, my cough seems to have worsen....

Tim has been nagging at me to go see a doc in case it becomes pneumonic. But seeing a doc in the US is so troublesome. It is not as convenient as consulting one in Spore. Over here, an appt has to be made way in advance. The doc usually will not entertain walk-in patients. Furthermore, they are usually not opened after working hours or on weekends. For emergency cases, one has to go to the hospital.

In addition, unless you have medical insurance that covers the medical fees, you can forget about seeing a doc as the expenses is exorbitantly high. And even with the insurance coverage, you would still have to co-pay part of the expenses although the co-pay amount is nominal (between US$10 to US$30). As such, I have been self-medicating whenever I fell sick ever since I came to the US. Never have I seen a doc here before. But with this prolonged cough, self-medicating is no longer an option. Have already made an appt to see the doc this week.

Oh did I mention that I am home alone again for the next two weeks. Tim just flew off this afternoon to Fort Lauderdale. Bet he'll be frolicking with some bikini babes on the sparkling beach as soon as he touches down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home