Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Home-cooked food

Invasion of the food bug again....

This is a picture of the steamed Alaskan Halibut which Yiren and Zing caught while fishing in where else but Alaska. Duh… It costs around US$19 per pound in the supermarket. They gave us four pounds equivalent to almost US$80 worth of fish. Ain’t we lucky to be their neighbor?

p/s: This post was written before Neo started claiming money from us. He ain’t that nice after all.


Since Houston is such a boring place, without much to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I tried a new recipe which I found on the web. Presenting…..


Salmon with mango-melon salsas Cool name eh….Taste really good too.


Feeling really, really bored, with the leftover melon from the salsas, I also made cantaloupe sago dessert. Used to love eating this dessert so much…


Chinese BBQ PastriesThese pastries taste really good.

I put minced pork and mushroom as the filling. Maybe next time I should try putting some curried chicken and potatoes instead.

Since it was so good, I decided to bring them to the office the following day for breakfast. I placed the pastries in the oven before pre-heating it. After the oven was heated up, the pastries were also hot enough that I din have to continue baking. I happily took 2 out of the 4 pastries and brought them to the office to share with Neo.

Then at 11am, while I was taking a break from working, it suddenly dawned on me that......I totally forgot to turn off the oven!

I rushed back home and these were how the remaining pastries turned out. Black and hard....

Actually they look better in pictures than they really were. In fact, they look better than the "non-chao tah" ones if you ask me.

Got all these recipes from Jaden’s Steamy Kitchen. I accidentally stumbled on her blog while looking for recipes. Really like her style of cooking - simple yet creative. And she is really farnie and “steamy” too….


4 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

u didn't off the oven? u should be glad ur apartment is still there.

haha ... must be u didn't share the cooked fish with ur friend, dats why he wants to claim $$ from you.

19/9/07 11:55 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Yeah...no more baking for a while...or until i find the next recipe that requires the use of the oven. Hmm...actually, i already found the recipe....

He jokingly said he wanna recover some of the money he spent on fishing. But I think he is just "ngiaw'. haha...

Oops.. i beta dun offend him cos I still need his help to bring stuff back to Spore. hehe...

21/9/07 1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey how come it's just you posting...where's tim? you should feed him what you over-roasted lol....glad to see that you guys are enjoying yourselves :)

21/9/07 11:53 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Maybe it's because I have already fed him with the "chao tah" pastries that's why he hasn't been posting. hehehe...

25/9/07 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home