Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to basic

As promised, here’s the long and short about our “it” encounter…..

Had a relaxing time in Florida over the weekend but was also a little traumatized by our voyeuristic encounter. Yes, we had unwittingly or rather intentionally become “voyeurs”.

We were chitchatting about some ladies sun tanning topless on South beach, when suddenly the topic on nudist beach came up. Tim then mentioned that he heard from his client that there is a nudist beach just north of South Beach. Since none of us has been to such a beach, the four of us decided to head down to Haulover Beach to check it out.

We had absolutely no idea what we were in for….

We parked at a garage which was about 8 mins walk away from Haulover beach. From the parking lot, we couldn’t see the beach at all. We had to go through an underpass before we hit a small, short path surrounded by trees that led to the beach. It felt as if we were walking from Parkway Parade to East Coast with the underpass and all. Everything seemed pretty normal.

I was in front. Zing and Neo walked right behind me. Tim was in his own world talking to Wen on his mobile about what else, but his “fantasy”.

When we were about to reach the end of the concrete path, I noticed a drinks menu board by a make-shift beverage stall. I squinted my eyes to figure out what sort of drinks it sells when in the corner of my eyes, I caught a completely naked man standing right on the beach talking to his friends who were sitting on their deck chairs facing the ocean.

I was a little astonished. I immediately turned around to inform the rest. Everyone was excited and wanted to see that guy. We were all concentrating on “bio-ing” the guy, when we reached the drinks stall. A couple of naked people were buying drinks from the stall. What was even more amazing was that the lady stall owner was selling drinks in buff too!

We were all astounded and embarrassed by the sight. As we continued walking, it suddenly became apparent to us that almost everyone on the beach was in their birthday suits. We decided not to walk amongst the crowd but instead to walk along the stretch that is nearer to the trees. Many guys walked past us with absolutely nothing on them. We didn’t know where to look.

Our original plan was to come to this beach to bum around and take some photos. But seeing so many naked people made us feel extremely uneasy. We seemed to stand out like a sore thumb not only because we were “dressed inappropriately”, but also because we are Asians. Noticing that there was a fence that seems to barricade the nudist beach from the rest of the beach about 10 mins walk away, we decided not to stop but continue walking toward the fence.

All of us had our sunglasses on. As we continued walking, we became bolder and started to look. We saw people that came in groups to sun tan in buff. There were people who came alone too. Most of the people that walked around are men. I could see "it" swinging as they walked. Ladies usually come in pairs or with their better half. Everyone seemed so comfortable in their skin. From afar, we even saw a naked couple holding hands strolling on the wet sand along the beach. How “romantic”!

As we got closer to the fence, we also got closer to the nudists lying around. We noticed people were staring at us. There we were four fully clothed Chinese walking into a territory full of naked ang mos. We felt really uncomfortable. We could sense that our presence was not welcomed. I bet they knew we were there to gawk. Or maybe it was just us feeling guilty which made us more conscious of our surroundings.

Then I noticed a guy lying not half but “quarter” naked on his front smiling at me about 10 feet away. Why did I say “quarter”? B’cos he wasn’t wearing a shirt but instead only had his trunks on which was kinda weird since this a nudist beach. Upon closer look, I saw that he had taken his “little bro” out of his trunks for a little suntan while still lying on his stomach with his buttock covered. I was flabbergasted. I felt as if I had seen a flasher. It is pretty ok to see people lying/walking around unreservedly naked since this is a nudist beach but absolutely not if a man were to do such bian tai thing. It completely grossed me out. I was really disgusted and traumatized by the sight. I couldn’t get the image out of my head after that. I was so worried that I would dream of being crushed by thousands of “bananas” that night.

We soon reached the fence and saw a sign indicating that we were about to enter/exit a clothing optional part of the beach. We captured a couple of photos of the people sun tanning in nude while on the pretext of taking photos with the signs. Tim has the photos. Ask Tim for them.

Oh did I mention that Tim completely lost his train of thoughts when he first saw the nudists. He couldn’t concentrate on what Wen was talking about. Wen’s voice suddenly turned into some background blabber while Tim looked on in shock. He said that that was the first time he wasn’t interested in discussing about his “fantasy”. Ha...

I must say it is really an eye opening experience to see these people so comfortable in their birthday suits, sun tanning at one of the coolest beaches in the world. And no, I didn’t have any nightmares that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home