Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thank You Mama for a wonderful life....



For those of you who may not know, my grandmother passed away on Monday night Singapore time. My granny, whom we affectionately call Mama, was the one person who helped to take care of my sis and I when we were young and both Dad and Mum had to go to work. That said, being the disciplinarian that she was, she moulded the both of us into the people that we are now, and I am very proud and thankful for that. I still have vivid memories of her using a cane on us and scolding us like there's no tomorrow, but deep down I always knew, it was because she cared so much for us.

She leaves behind a great legacy, with my relatives, cousins, nephews and nieces being some of the nicest people I know, and I am sure she must have been happy to have had such a great family around her. I, for one, know that we ALL were really lucky to have had her around us.

Those of us who were close to her always knew she had a hot temper and seeing her smile was a rarity. That said, I would like to thank God that one of her last memories will be one of happiness on my wedding day. I can honestly say that I have never EVER seen her happier than this, and I am glad that the occasion helped to bring a big bright smile to her face for the entire day.














I have always heard that when people pass away, we should never be sad because they have passed on, but rather we should be HAPPY for the wonderful lives they have lived. Let's all appreciate what a great life she's led and what an amazing lady she is. God bless her soul.

"Mama, thank you so much for being so good to me. Thank you for taking care of me while I was growing up. Thank you for teaching me to be filial to my parents. Thank you for loving me even though I was never at home. Thank you for the kinds words you had for my wife, Sharon. Thank you for being your most cheerful self on my wedding day. And thank you for being the most wonderful and amazing person that you are.

May you be happy always in a place where there's no longer any pain and suffering. I love you and I'll always miss you, till the next time we meet."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. In a way, I'm glad that you have wonderful memories of her and the happy moments I'm sure she shared on your wedding day. As always, we should all live our lives to the fullest in the best way we know how - that would've been our elder's wishes as well!

14/8/07 3:40 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hey Yuhsin, thanks so much for the kind words. You make a really good point and I have to thank you for taking those great pics of her too. I can't believe how many shots you got with her looking so happy! :)

14/8/07 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear abt your grandma.. a touching post.. btw is your dad an ex regular?

15/8/07 11:04 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for the concern. Anyway, my dad? An ex-regular? Hahaha... nope and I can't imagine him being one. He's a regular relaxed dude... and it runs in the family. :)

16/8/07 1:59 AM  
Blogger clownz said...

hey you.. sorry i didnt read this post earlier! Condolences man.. I remember ur grandma at the wedding. She looked really happy.. =)

24/8/07 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home