Monday, October 15, 2007

Ah Ma Part II

My ah ma really amuses me.

Ah ma fell down 2-3 mths ago and never really fully recovered. As ah ma and ah gong live together by themselves, to ensure that there is someone around to take care of them, my relatives hired a maid for ah ma. The maid, an Indonesian, has been working in ah ma's house for almost two weeks. While chatting with ah ma a few minutes ago....

Moi: What is the maid's name?

Ah ma: Her name is really difficult to pronounce, dunno is it Sangrilah or Sanglah....

Moi: Ah ma simple lar... just call her Salah ('wrong" in Melayu). hehehe...

Ah Ma: I am thinking of giving her a new name. An English name. Nowadays, people seldom use names like Mary and Rose hor?

Moi: Ya lor....

Ah Ma: I'm thinking of calling her Celia....

I bursted out laughing immediately! Ah ma, you are really modern lei...And why do u have to choose a name of my friend's?

And no, ah ma doesn't know the names of my friends in Houston which makes it so coincidence and farnie...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Ah ma is really hap man!!! how the hell she knows "Celia"!!!! when i only know ONE "Celia" in my life!!! hahahaah

20/10/07 12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also thot it's amazing. I wonder where she got the idea from. :P

21/10/07 12:52 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Actually the earlier msg was typed by me. Din realise i was logged on as Tim.

21/10/07 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home