Sunday, October 21, 2007

Which is worse?

UPDATE

While Tim is away on yet another business trip, I decided to start on the first season of Nip and Tuck. I got hooked. Then I happily brought the rented dvd with me on my trip to NYC cos I wanted to watch it on the plane.

At the airport, I realised I forgot the all important earphone!

Which is worse: forgetting to bring the dvd or earphone?!! Argh...

On another matter....In the south, many of the menial work are "outsourced" to the Hispanics.

While playing Texas Hold'em with my colleagues, one of them told us what he overheard in a conversation between three of our colleagues - a French, an Indian and a Mexican.

French: I hate mowing my lawn. It's tiring.

Indian: You can always hire a Hispanic to do it. There (pointing his finger to the Mexican colleague), you can ask him to do it.

Mexican: Yes, I'm a Mexican. I can do that.

kua kua.....heng the Mexican colleague took it in his stride...

And yes, my group consists of only less than 20 people yet we have people from all over the world. Other than the above three, we have of course Americans; me - Singaporean; one Bulgarian; one Kuwaiti; and one Kenyan. International indeed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tim passed me his extra earphone so that I could watch Nip and Tuck on my flight back to Houston.

In the plane, I happily switched on my laptop. While waiting patiently for it to boot up, I plugged in the earphone. Then I carefully removed the extra external battery from the DVD ROM slot and inserted the DVD ROM. I proceeded to take out the DVD box from my laptop bag. When I opened the box, the dvd was NOT in there! I had left the DVD in the player at home. Kua kua.. I really got nothing to say…

2 Comments:

Blogger clownz said...

hahaha.. kua kuaaa... *points at sharon* hahahahahaha

23/10/07 9:28 AM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

Seriously...I really can't believe what i saw when I opened the box. Talk abt blur...then again it happened to Tim before too!

He went to Perth with his sunglass box with no sunglasses in there. And only realised it when he wanted to lend his sunglasses to Wen.

Like husband like wife. hehe...

23/10/07 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home