Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Retail Therapy

The main purpose of going to San Marcos over the weekend was to meet up with Yaohan who has been assigned to handle a two-month project in Austin. It is not often that we get visitors in Texas so even though I was really bogged down with work, I still made the trip to the outlet mall with Tim. Our intention was really not to shop. We even thought long and hard for stuff to buy so as to further justify the long drive there.....

In the end, I blew US$500 on Coach bags and they are all for myself!

This is the first time I had spent so much on bags. If I remembered correctly, when I was still in Singapore, the most I spent on a bag was just S$50!

Why did I spend so much then? Maybe it is due to the storewide 20% discount + additional 10%, maybe it is because I may be going back Singapore for good soon, so no more easy access to cheap(er) Coach, maybe it is because Tim got me one of the bags as Xmas prezzie which allows me to get more, or maybe I am just stressed over work and needed some retail therapy.

Whatever the reason, I am still flabbergasted by my action. Will show off my stash - a satchel, small hobo, swingpack, wristlet, coin pouch and wallet - when I have the time to take photos.

Back to writing my functional analysis writeup at 12.21am. Urgh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home