Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When your only friends are not around…

Here are some pics of what I cooked to keep myself entertained during the two weeks the two couples were back in Singapore.

My partner gave me a bottle of red wine for Xmas present. Not a wine-drinker, here’s what I did with the red wine. Marinated some steaks with it. I know it is a waste. But it would be even wasteful if I were to just let the bottle sit and go bad.

Steak


The steak wasn’t exactly fantastic. There’s definitely room for improvement.

Since the bottle was already opened, I tried to use as much of the red wine as possible in my cooking before it turns bad. So I made this……


“zha pa lang” pasta
I actually wanted to make some red wine linguini but as I only had less than a quarter packet of linguini left, I added macaroni. Looks pretty disgusting huh? Hahah… well, a chef gotta be adventurous and try new stuff. Since I’m not exactly a chef, that’s why my pasta turned out this way. Hehe.

Ok, enough of the weird looking pasta. Let’s move on to the all-time Singaporean favorite - Char Kway Teow!!



We finally found some yellow noodles after hunting high and low for it in the past year. Unlike those sold in our wet market, the ones we found are dry not fresh. I must say the Prima Taste Char Kway Teow is really good although I find the dark sauce was not sweet enough. I had to add a little sugar to make it taste more authentic.


With no one to hang around with except my ah bui, I spent one of the Sundays making wantons.

Fried Wantons




I had enough ingredients to feed four. But with only just the two of us around, I decided to make dumplings soup as well so that we won’t end up eating too much fried stuff.


The difference between the two is not only in the way they are cooked but also in the way they are folded and the sauce that goes into marinating the meat.

Dumpling Soup with macaroni



Two days before Zing and Neo came back from Singapore, Tim left for Connecticut and left me all alone by myself. Here’s what I cooked for dinner.

Red wine marinated Pork chop with mushroom


Lap cheong garlic fried rice paradise



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home