Thursday, September 07, 2006

Counting down...

To say that I am very excited about going back to Singapore is an understatement. Words can’t describe the excitement that I am feeling right now. I am finally returning home after 9 months abroad albeit only for 2 short weeks. I will treasure every minute I have in Singapore. Now I can fully appreciate the verse, “Singapore, my homeland!

I have always thought that every girl will be extremely keyed up when it comes to planning for their wedding day. They will want to be a princess on this special day even if it is only for just a few hours. Usually, attention will be paid to every single detail of the wedding stuff no matter how minute it may be to ensure that nothing will go wrong. This is especially so when it comes to the wedding gown. Every girl will want to look beautiful on the big day. As such, looking for the perfect gown is of utmost importance.

This homecoming is supposed to be a trip back to plan our wedding in-person and to look for the ideal gown. I’m supposed to do some research on Singapore wedding studios in Houston before I go back as well as come up with a rough idea of what sort of gown I am looking for.

However, I have done absolutely nothing of the sort thus far. I am more enthusiastic about planning who to meet, where to go, what to eat, what gifts to get, what food to bring back Houston than to plan for my wedding. Not even the prospect of not being able to find a wedding gown within the 2 short weeks can get me started. Going back home to see my family, meet my friends, eat my favourite food and shop in Orchard Road has now taken center stage. Everything else pales in comparison, not even the most important event of my life can change that.

I may regret later for not doing my research on gowns and all earlier. But for now, absolutely nothing can dampen my spirits about homecoming! I am so excited. I can’t wait for the day to arrive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home