Saturday, March 26, 2005

What the fug!!

Yes... seriously... What The Fug!!!!! Argh.... despite all the hype and the talk and the past week of training (erm... only trained 2 days actually..), i STILL managed only a PASS for my IPPT!!! What the !@#%!^!$#^!^$">!#%!^!$#^!^$!?!?!?!


"22 points! How to go JC?!!?"

Haiz... i was up really early in the morning and feeling inspired to make it happen and get the Gold i craved, but alas.... Anyway i guess the event didn't start off on the right note either. The moment i reached Maju and registered to get my number tag, i felt this Fire in my Belly... no doubt stemming from the brilliant Mee Siam my grandma cooked for dinner last night. Think i had a really really huge bowl and finished all the gravy even!! Guess that kinda did me in at the beginning already, as i felt a little weak after going to the toilet to... well... relieve myself.

Anyway when we started the stations, everything still fell into place.. at least for the first 3 stations. My sit ups i did 43... actually i stopped at 39 liao but for some reason my KEH SIAO assistant said.. "3 MORE!!".. and i gladly obliged... don't ask me why.

For standing broad jump, when it was my turn i kept thinking of Reynold... the man who can't do a decent jump to save his own life i think... hahah.. anyway it did affect me a bit coz my first jump was 232, which was a disaster in my book!! The 2nd time i was more focused and clearer at what i had to do... and i did a 250! Woohoo!

Shuttle run then... and as i thought, it was a breeze... i decided to wear my blue Salas for the day coz i feel really comfortable in them, and true enough, i did a 9.9 even though i thought i was kinda rusty....

The last and worst station then.... my bane... my nightmare.... CHIN UPS! I kept thinking to myself.... this has to be it.. i gotta do it... i know i can.. i know i can... and before i knew it, it was my turn up the bar.

PTI:"Number 120.... mount the bar and hang there till i say go!"

Tim's head:"Shit. My turn liao... time to get it over with and make it happen. The plan now... do 7 quick ones... then struggle to get the remaining two... but mount the bar? Sounds weird man.. mount the fugging..."

PTI:"GO!!"

ONE.

TH:"Argh. That didn't feel good... how come that one time took like half the strength out of me?? Nonono.. don't stop.."

TWO.

TH:"NNB! I thought do 7 first then think bout the next 2? How come i resting liao??!!"

THREE. FOUR.

TH:"CB... shouldn't have done 2 in a row... i feel maxed out... no no no.. like dat i need to RT.. like Kee Hoe!! NO!!!"

FIVE.

TH:"Ok.. ok... u got through the first hurdle... now get your Silver!!"

SIX.

PTI:"5 1/2. You were kicking."

TH:"What?!! That was kicking!!?!? Argh... I feel like kicking HIM on my next try..."

Si.... Si.... S....... FIVE. Dismount.


And there i was, dejected... i only qualify for a damn pass for the 2nd year running. All my training and stuff was all a waste of time... haiz... Anyway when it was time for my 2.4km run, i was really demoralised liao.... decided to take it easy and not push myself too hard, coz i plan to take it again in a week's time. Was really fed up while i was running though, with an expletive in my head for every step i took..... Left (Fug), Right (CB), Left (NB), Right (KNN)..... it's really kind of rhythmic and relaxing if you do it right though... hahah... in the end i came back with a measly timing of 10:26. BUT i must say, the Maju camp route is really really good... 3 rounds around the camp, and a great downslope right at the end!


Well that's it for now... but at least i know i have a week to resolve this. Yes. RESOLVE. For now... it's training time... grrr....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home