Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Monitor.

Haiz.... just when my leave started on Monday and i was wondering what to do with my time, my monitor had to act up and just DIE in the morning man. Yes... all i did was send my parents to work and i think it finally gave in due to old age and poor maintenance (i hate monitoring monitors...).

Anywayz, with my life perpetually on hold without a computer to use, i had no choice but to get a new one... and that was Mission One of my leave. That said, i was hoping to find a place to trade-in / dispose my old monitor too... but i must tell you, CRT monitors are just about the HEAVIEST things around... if you don't count the Reynolds and Zhanwens that is....


"In Good Company"

It took a hell of a struggle but i managed to get it into the car.. (and it's STILL there today BTW). Off to Sim Lim for a good deal then... and amazingly Reynold found spare time to join me on this mini shopping trip!


I must say my Samsung D500 phone has been very very impressive so far, and it had quite a say in the brand of LCD monitors i was looking at (don't ask me WHY). After 3 rounds of looking and trying to bargain (unsuccessfully i must say), i ended up with a Samsung 710N for $419. A good buy for a 17" Monitor with a 12ms response rate plus $30 worth of shopping vouchers at Giant / Cold Storage /Marketplace, etc... which i gave to my mum of course!




Ok ok mine doesn't have any Aussie surfbabes, and mine is BLACK in colour... but it's still brilliant, as you can see in the pic below!! It fits right in with my ultra-clustered table and actually gives me space to eat my dinner in front of the screen!! Woohoo!! Goodbye to rice and noodles in my keyboard then.....


"Slim and err... FLAT is beautiful..."

A very good buy i must say... if you're interested go have a look at the reviews and stuff... the LCD era is IN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home